Senior Associate, BMIT
ICT and telecommunications professional with 25 years’ experience in telecommunications and 15 in senior and executive management. He combines a strong technical background, with extensive hands-on operator experience and the proven ability to understand and articulate the commercial and policy implications. His direct experience has included metropolitan and rural networks as well as fibre optic, WISPs and LTE.
· Chairperson Emeritus of WAPA, having overseen high growth and organisational transformation in the fast-growing Wi-Fi industry
· CEO and CIO roles in telco’s providing wholesale voice and broadband services to ISPs across the country and Africa.
· Exec in the Carrier Solutions Dept. of Huawei Technologies, providing strategic insights on broadband deployment to operators across Southern Africa
· During 10 years at MTN, launched 3G, GPRS and Edge
He has been blessed with a fulfilling career and is now ‘giving back’ through advisory work in select areas:
· Making public Wi-Fi sustainable
· Strategic advice regarding investments and acquisitions in 5G, mobile and fibre
· Demystifying telco markets for financial investors.
· Dressing up a company to sell
· Telecoms-specific training for sales teams
Current industry reports for sale through BMIT: “Roads to 5G for South Africa”; “FTTx Landgrab” and “Wi-Fi by Stealth”.